Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Disturbing.

I know my last post joked about the idea of being paid to eat.

But this woman's story is just disturbing...and disgusting.

From someone who has been over 500lbs, I would never WANT to do that to myself.

It's suicide.



Interview: NJ Woman Paid to Gain Weight - From MyFoxPhilly.com


A New Jersey woman weighs 550 pounds. She does not want to lose weight. In fact, she is gaining weight and getting paid to do so!

Fox 29’s Sharon Crowley interviewed Donna Simpson. She is a 42 year-old mother of two who hails from Old Bridge, NJ.

The Guinness Book of World Records claims she is the heaviest mom to give birth. Now, she posts her pound-packing-progress on her own website.

Her loyal followers pay to see her provocative pictures. They watch her eat. They send her food.

Donna is now going to try and get up to an astounding 1,000 pounds.

Her fans are excited and so is Donna.

Donna’s unique take on this all? “I’m taking it as it goes. I’m accepting myself as is.”

Hello? I'm accepting myself as it is too. And I'm taking the responsibility for my health. It's a battle to stay healthy, but I'm doing it. There is a difference of between being yourself and taking drastic measures to change yourself for the sake of publicity and money. The money issue of this gives me the creeps. I'm all for Google ads, and various ways to make money off a blog. But pictures of her eating, and various other poses for chubby chasers to pay to see and get their kicks....ewwww.

I can see as compared to site where men pay to see big breasted women what's the problem??? I guess where breast enhancement surgery does come with risks, not as many risks as being SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE. And this woman has kids???? How irresponsible as a mother.

My heart goes out to people who are SMO and struggle with their condition, I know how difficult it is to be SMO and to find help in losing weight. It's a tragic condition.

So I have little sympathy for someone who purposely does that to themselves.

1 comment:

  1. That lady is definitely crazy and disturbed.

    ReplyDelete