Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Information Overload

The internet is such a vast resource of information. That is a good and a bad thing. I like that I can research, but then I always seem to do “this” to myself.

My brain is full of information and I’m obsessing about the “what if’s”. I’m a planner and this crap is messing with my plans.

Will I need to have my hiatal hernia repaired?

If they wrap the top portion of the stomach around to fix it, how will they do that with just a RNY pouch?

How long will recovery be?

I’ve read 7 days in the hospital on one site OMG this is more serious than I thought.

I know these are great questions to ask my surgeon…but I want to know NOW. So I post on a hernia forum, and the one reply I get back FROM A DOCTOR is that the acid reflux is most definitely because of my recent weight gain. Thanks doctor, as if I’ve NEVER been told a medical issue is DUE TO MY WEIGHT. And how many years of medical school did you have to complete to make that great conclusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment