I'm helping a friend after surgery. Issues so far:
- Follow up with specialist (one was called into OR): We get told new patients can't be seen for a month, yet there is something that needs treated in a week. It gets resolved and appt. in a week.
- Discharge instructions state if you have XYZ contact Dr. Green. XYZ occurs but no one knows who Dr. Green is, there is no phone number provided. I looked on hospital's website and no Dr. Green in that specialty. So we called the Dr. to whom we have an appointment with and are told...since you haven't been seen yet, you need to call whoever treated you in OR...HELLO, friend was unconscious in OR so we don't KNOW who was there!!!! Called mom and was told XYZ is normal don't worry. Also called PCP and got a new specialist.
- No instructions regarding changing bandages, no how to, or how often. Luckily, I've been through this myself and I've watched how my mom cared for me, so I know what to do. I had to call and ask how often, I was asked "how often are you doing it now"...I replied "we haven't because we were waiting to call you".
- No instructions as to bathing. Typically, instructions state either yes or no.
- Sent home with binder that does not fit...so much for wearing it to reduce swelling.
EXACTLY...what do other people do???